You need this course if...
- You want to audit Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) against ISO 22000, ISO 22002-1, and the FSSC Scheme additional requirements.
- You work in the food sector, and wish to learn how to audit food safety management systems, either as an internal auditor, supplier auditor, or third party auditor.
- You want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted auditor qualification.
- You want to satisfy the formal training requirements for CQI IRCA auditor certification.
You will learn…
- The underpinning principles and benefits of a FSMS in an organisation’s success.
- The principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of food safety hazards.
- The importance of aligning food safety specific controls with other general management system controls.
- How continual improvement is applied within a FSMS.
- The contribution audits make to the effectiveness of a management system.
- The roles and responsibilities of a FSMS auditor and lead auditor.
- About processes, and how to use them to audit the effective implementation of the FSMS.
- To prepare thoroughly for audit and the value of process based checklists.
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation.
- How to relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation being audited, including applicable regulations and legislation.
- To report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 22000.
- The certification requirements to become a registered auditor/lead auditor with CQI IRCA.
You will need…
- Knowledge of ISO 22000 (ideally gained from attending LRQA’s 1 day ISO 22000 Appreciation and Interpretation course).
- Experience of working in the food supply chain.
- Knowledge of the following Food Safety management principles and concepts:
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as BRC, GLOBALGAP, FSSC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to delegates’ food industry context and location).
- Knowledge of prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1.
- Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates.
- The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- To understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management.
Your future development...
- OH&S, EMS or QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor conversion courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses
This course is certified by CQI and IRCA and meets the requirements of the CQI and IRCA ISO 22000:2005 Lead Auditor (FSMS) course criteria PR318
LRQA is a licensed FSSC 22000 Training Organization. This training course has been approved by FSSC 22000.