VW’s requirements on Product Safety Representative (PSB)
You need this course
- VW AG’s suppliers are required to appoint and employ a product safety representative. These apply both to the OEM directly, and the whole supply chain (described e.g. in the “Formel Q” by the VW group).
You will learn
- “Product Safety Act” and “Product Liability Act” as well as specific requirements of the automotive OEM e.g. in the “Formel Q” by the VW group.
- Risk assessment methods and their application by identifying and minimizing liability risks throughout the entire product development process and control these through product development.
- Tasks of a product safety representative through comprehensive training.
- The role of product safety representative as a competent resource for management, customers and legal representatives in the case of product liability incidents and insights from product observation in the organization itself as well as in the market.
- How to prepare, maintain, and enhance “lessons learned” checklists for the qualified review of designs, production, processes, or for the material properties under product-safety relevant aspects.
You will need
- “product safety representative” and also cross-functional team(s) contributing to developing, and setting priorities for eliminating or preventing product safety-relevant defects in the product development phase and serial production (mass production) phase.
Your future development
- It provides the practical application of the required skills by group work assignments.
- The approaches discussed and employed in this course are consistent with the intent and guidelines in the document “Product Safety Representative (PSB) at Suppliers”, which describes the specific requirements and tasks of VOLKSWAGEN Group for product safety representatives.